Saturday, June 15, 2013

Washington day 1

Wow!  I can't believe I am sitting here in my beach chair at my camp site looking at a sea otter in the ocean!  We arrived here to kalaloch campground near Forks Washington after a 4 hour drive made a little longer to stop and clean up Leah's throw up in the car. This campsite is amazing as the sites are right on the ocean on a small bluff. It was a little nerve racking as we did not have reservations here as it is first come first serve but we eventually found a a site...but the campground is pretty full. Oregon felt very much like a resort town compared to this rugged, secluded and forest laden coast.
After setting up camp Noah and I rode our bikes to kalaloch lodge and to the visitors center. We then headed to the beach for a couple of hours and found lots of sand dollars, crabs and jellyfish on the shore.


We then had dinner and went for a long walk around the campground. Now I'm sitting here watching the sun set over the ocean.

So glad to be in our final destination of Olympic National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment