Sunday, July 11, 2010

Zion National Park Day 2- Part 2



Well we did get to do the bike ride. Noah, Megan and I went on our bikes on the Pa'rus Trail that lead along the river. It was so hot but it felt good to at least get a breeze. Megan was upset because she thought it was too far, too hilly and too hot. She almost broke her neck on the way back to our campsite as she rode over an irrigation ditch and flew over the front of her bike. She just looked up at me and smiled and said "I couldn't stop!" I pulled her bike off of her and off we went again. After the bike ride it was another stop in the visitor's center and filling up of our water bottles. Back at camp it was almost dinner time, but I snuck in a little nap while Noah and Daddy played catch and football outside. Then Daddy took the girls for a walk while Noah and I made dinner. It was a quick dinner and then back to the river again! Can you believe we stayed in the river until 9:30 pm! That is what time it gets dark here so you can play later. My kids have staying power in water so it worked out great. After that we caught the ranger program at our campsites amphitheater. The topic was birds of prey which I loved. Leah and Megan got chosen to go up front to help the ranger and Megan held a spine of a deer while Leah held a very large egg (she has a thing for eggs so she loved that!). It was a great program and very informative. Then it was back to the RV for bed! We had a full day blessed by lots of family time and just enjoying nature mixed in with a lot of learning. Tomorrow we head off to Bryce National Park!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all are having a blast...Just wait till you get to the other parks!! Yes, it will be so much cooler. I/we are having fun reading your blog daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday I am eager to read what adventure you had that day. Being so active in the heat is admirable. I would be lounging with a book. Glad you were able to do your bike ride. Megan sounds like she is tough too, almost breaks her neck and doesn't even cry... See you at Bryce :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April! Glad you are following, yes I am looking forward to cooler parks but Zion is awesome! See you in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete