Tuesday, July 20, 2010

South Dakota- Day 12

We just arrived in South Dakota after a long, eventful drive (I will tell about that in a sec) and are getting camp set up and finishing dinner. Oh, I miss Yellowstone! This place is nice but I miss that lake view. This campsite is at a ranch in the Black Hills Forest, only 10 minutes from Mt. Rushmore. The kids are so excited because it has a heated pool and hot tub. OK.. the drive here. About a few hours out of Yellowstone Tim notices a van honking behind him (never a good sign) so we pull over off the freeway and she states that our bikes are dragging off the back of the RV. So, Tim goes back and checks and pulls off Megan's mangeld bike. He throws them in the back of the truck and pull on the freeway and 1 minute later a truck passing us looses 2 hay bales coming right towards us. Tim stays in total control and they hit the ground before us... not without getting hay in our car. It was so scary! Anyway we are here for the next 5 nights so we hope to relax a bit and enjoy the sites and the camp. Off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. You are having a true adventure, mishaps and all. I am loving reading your entries! This past weekend was Andy's 40th birthday party. You will have to see the brownie cupcakes I made to look like grills. They are on my blog... Enjoy Mount Rushmore, I thought it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete