Saturday, July 24, 2010

South Dakota- Day 16










Day 16… I feel like we have been gone FOREVER but I realize we are nearing the end of our camping leg. I could do another 16 days, easily… this is the life but I suppose vacations have to come to an end at some point. This was our last day in South Dakota and it was relaxing as well. We went this morning to a lake in Custer State Park called Sylvan Lake. It is a beautiful lake with lots of pine trees, and big huge rocks to climb on. We took a trail that went around the lake, most of it was easy but there were times when you had to climb through huge boulders. The kids loved it. After the hike we rented a paddle boat to take around the lake. The lake had a lot of people there, you could tell it is popular and people were pulling fish out of it left and right… Noah was wishing he had his fishing pole. I really love the Black Hills, there are so many trees on the mountains that they look black, hence the name Black Hills. The rest of the afternoon was spent at the pool and then relaxing a bit and packing up for the next leg. Tomorrow we leave early for our last camping spot, Rocky Mountain National Park where we will be for 4 days.

2 comments:

  1. How fun this looks! I bet you guys will return to some of these places in the future. Auntie Donna and Uncle Nelson said they are exciting about spoiling you and will have a steak dinner ready for you when you arrive. Donna has Wednesday off so she will be home when you get there. Lily wishes she had another 16 days with grandma! My neighborhood is enjoying having her around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant excited not exciting! I can spell!

    ReplyDelete