Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Planning, planning, planning

Why can't I just pack up and go? I have some friends who think I am crazy for spending all of this time planning our 24 day trip this summer. Why not just go, explore, enjoy? Well, my organized brain thinks I might miss something if I don't read every book on every place we will be visiting. Wouldn't that be terrible to be in Yellowstone and miss the best hike or waterfall or wildlife area because I was just being carefree and going with the flow? Well... I admire the adventurous spirit that just goes but I actually am having fun learning... and learning... and learning.... about what we will be seeing this summer. It helps build the excitement for me and I can pass on tidbits to the kids to get them excited too. So, today, after 2 plus weeks I just finished our itinerary for our trip! Yeah! I put away all the books and will just marvel over my spreadsheet for the next few weeks before we leave. I can't wait to turn that spreadsheet into a marvelous reality!

1 comment: