Friday, July 22, 2011

Stranded!

Well... the kids had another first on this trip. Their first time riding in a tow truck. Yes, our truck broke down on the freeway and we are sitting in our trailer on a scary frontage road in Hersepia, California. Here's what happened. We were driving and the engine light went on. I read the manual and figured it was because we had low gas and that it would go off, it was not running weird or anything. Then an hour later the truck started running loud and Tim could not get it over 45mph so he pulled off to let the engine cool. While doing that he noticed a nail in the tire and proceeded to put the spare on but that didn't work, he couldnt get the lug nuts aligned. So... he put the nail tire back on and we just decided to drive away and see what happens. But we couldn't... the truck had no power. Tim said "I don't know what to do from here", and I said "We have AAA" and I looked over to the left and there was the AAA tow truck! Sent from God I think! He hooked us right up and towed the truck and trailer both to the closest auto repair. They don't open until tomorrow morning, so hence the reason we are camping on a frontage road tonight. So, that is how the kids had their first ride in a tow truck! Wow, so many firsts on this trip I just can't keep track...this one I think I will remember the most, however. I hope you all enjoy the comforts of your beds tonight...we were so close to being in ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment