Monday, June 15, 2015

Hawaii- day 4- June 14

Today was about exploring the east side of Oahu and its beaches. We were up early as we were making our way to hanuama bay preserve and we heard the parking lot fills quickly.  It is perfect beach weather today- actually every day so far has been lows in the 70's and highs in the mid 80's. A little more humid then home which was hard to adjust to at first.  We made the 30 minute drive to hanuama bay with our snorkeling gear in hand as this bay has the best snorkeling on the island. We arrived at 8:30 and had plenty of parking to choose from. Then there was the huge line to pay for tickets and watching of the mandatory safety video. Then we took the 1/4 mile hike downhill to the bay. Crystal clear, turquoise waters and white sand were the first thing you see. But when you put on that snorkeling gear and get in the water- the colors came alive with all kinds of beautifu tropical fish, sea urchins and even eels. 

After hanuama bay we set off on a road trip to the east coast along the ocean. Gorgeous views of blue water on one side and green mountains on the other. We stopped to get a picnic lunch and then headed to Kailua beach park where we had a picnic and the girls swam for a bit. This beach may have been busier than Waikiki and the parking was terrible but it was really pretty- clearer water and whiter sand than Waikiki. 

Finally we ended our day with something my family cajoled, bribed and finally convinced me to do. The only reason I went to see the movie Jurassic world on my HAWAIIN vacation is because my family said it was filmed in Kauai and it was the only thing noah requested to do.  I agreed on the condition we went during the hottest part of the day and that I was home by sunset on my patio. Done- a waste of 3 hours of my life. 

I did make it to our patio for sunset and happy hour topped off with a frozen pizza made by Megan. Nothing like seeing a Hawaiin sunset with a glass of wine and my family around me- true paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment